Listserves

JaniceM at camden.lib.nj.us JaniceM at camden.lib.nj.us
Thu Mar 2 08:53:00 EST 2000

Greetings

We are creating an e-mail database of patrons for our public library's PR
department.  We would like to encourage them to e-mail their names,
addresses and other information which we will categorize based on patron
type (age, town etc.)  We will be periodically sending them brief
newsletters and updates on our library's programs.

Is anyone familiar with software we can put on our webserver that will help
us to create this database?  We thought that listserve software might be our
best bet but there may be other types of software that would do a better
job.  Any recommendations for listserve or other types of software that
would transfer information from a web form to a database would be
appreciated.  Thanks.  -Janice

Janice Harding Masud
Camden County Library System
janicem at camden.lib.nj.us