[WEB4LIB] Need help with Style sheets for Netscape

Walt Howe walthowe at delphi.com
Fri Jun 30 11:26:49 EDT 2000

The differences between MSIE and Netscape are significantly different in
style sheets and JavaScript. Frankly, if you are going to use them and
should accomodate both browsers, it may be easier to detect the browser
version and write alternate code for each than to write code which
accomodates all.

Or just give up the idea of using style sheets. Very simple JavaScripts will
work with both, but must be tested.

Style sheets are supposed to "fail safe", but the results are anything but.
Anyone using 3.0 version browsers of any type cannot use style sheets at
all.

Walt Howe
SLA Information Technology Virtual Section