Bennett, Roy - WOU Library bennetr at wou.edu
Wed Jun 21 18:35:15 EDT 2000

Currently, our campus computer labs do not allow students to load
and run personal software on lab computers. At the library, we do
not accommodate this either. Example: a student with a CD-ROM
from a textbook. The same is true for library-owned software. The
library does not load or allow students to load any software. We do
not load software from books or journals that we own. The software,
usually a CD-ROM, can be checked out. We are reviewing this
policy now.

Do any libraries provide a computer for people to load their own
software? If so, how long do you keep it available?

How about library-owned software? For example, a disc that comes
with a book. Will your library load that software on demand? Or do
you tell patrons to take that software home or somewhere else to
use?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Roy Bennett
Coordinator of Library Computer Services
& Documents Librarian
Western Oregon University Library
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361-1396