Frontpage and mouseovers

Julia Schult jschult at elmira.edu
Wed Jun 21 11:17:36 EDT 2000

I am faced with the same question as Tami-Jo Eckley (what a
great name) but I want to do more than change color and
size.  My Javascript implementation involves swapping out
some image files, so that when you hover over a database
name, the description pops up in a centralized box.  This
saves lots of space on the page, since you can use the same
description space for all the database names.  This is
becoming a standard use of space on some web pages (example:
www.wells.edu).  However, I currently have to be careful
NEVER to bring my page into the FrontPage editor, because it
removes all my JavaScript.  (How friendly is that?)  Does
anyone know of a way to do this using FrontPage features?

I would ask a larger question: where can I get some good
FrontPage training?  I've got some books, but I learn better
from people than from books.  I have no choice about using
FrontPage; it is an institutional standard.

---Julia E. Schult
Access/Electronic Services Librarian
Elmira College
Jschult at elmira.edu