[WEB4LIB] Re: Usability of Search this Site

Gregory Sennema GSENNEMA at calvin.edu
Tue Jun 20 12:31:46 EDT 2000

"...it seems that library web sites are a bit unique..."

Another aspect of this comment is that for many first-time library
users, a "Search this Site" is easily misunderstood as a catalog,
database, or even a web search.  We have taken our "Search this Site"
off our web page, and replaced it with an "A-Z index of this site" which
(according to our studies) is more clear in its intention as a local web
site finding aid.  Does require maintenance though....

http://www.calvin.edu/library/

Greg Sennema
Digital Resources Librarian
Hekman Library
Calvin College and Calvin Theological Seminary
3207 Burton St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
tel: (616) 957-8455
fax: (616) 957-6470