Alternatives to Deja?

spober at manhattan.edu spober at manhattan.edu
Tue Jun 20 06:51:52 EDT 2000

Deja (formerly DejaNews) recently cut back its archive of Usenet posts
drastically.  While they formerly were a repository for Usenet dating
back for some years, they now go back only to early 1999.  According to
posts I've seen on some newsgroups, Deja may add back some or all of the
archive at some future point but due to a move to new servers, they are
rather limited right now.

I'm wondering if there are any competing services offering Usenet
archives. Altavista used to search have the option to search Usenet
rather than the web, but I don't believe they offer that now.

Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries
spober at manhattan.edu