[WEB4LIB] Searchedu, etc.

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Mon Jun 19 11:36:49 EDT 2000

At 08:32 AM 6/19/2000 -0700, Ensor, Pat wrote:
>I have used Searchedu several times and have been pleased with the results.
>I use it when I really want the context of what I'm doing to be education,
>and it helps focus. I haven't especially felt the need to use the other 2
>variants.  Others to whom I've introduced Searchedu also have had good
>comments on it.
>
>I don't include these in the tool kit because they're specific-focus, but I
>think they're worthy of keeping track of.

I've covered SearchEdu in ResearchBuzz. I compared SearchEdu to
doing a search with the domain: special syntax in AltaVista. When I ran
the test in January, SearchEdu won for every query I tried except one.

I don't think I ever formally covered SearchMil but I do seem to remember
an article in the Washington Post.

Best,

Tara

ResearchBuzz:
" ... without a doubt one of the most consistently
valuable and interesting Internet resources
newsletters available." -- The Scout Report
http://www.researchbuzz.com