IE and .jsp

Brian Westra bwestra at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 16 11:17:59 EDT 2000

I've run into a problem that seems to be associated with a particular
update/version of Internet Explorer, and am wondering if any of you can
either duplicate it or tell me the cause. In viewing the following page,
from a link or by pasting the url directly in, the table is correctly
displayed. However, when I hit refresh, or use the back and forward buttons
to leave and return to the page, the source is displayed.

http://bacchus.hslib.washington.edu/iaims/apps/healthlinks/display/resourceDetails.jsp?find_id=Lookup&id=940

I'm inclined to think that it has something to do with the fact that it is
a .jsp page, and perhaps there is something going on with the caching or
missing information in the header/mime type, but that's a guess. The
versions of IE where this occurs, as far as I have been able to narrow it
down, are 5.00.2919.6307, or 5.00.2920.0000, both with an update of q262509.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian Westra
Systems Librarian, Health Sciences Libraries
University of Washington