[WEB4LIB] card catalog

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Wed Jun 7 17:54:37 EDT 2000

Actually, I did think about the card catalog the day the whole campus
network went down in April (new and improved backbone equipment :-) )
and thought.. wouldn't it be nice to have a tangible backup.  Amazingly
enough, the VT420s were the last to lose their opac connection that day
and the terminal system on campus officially had its last day of support
on 12-31-99.

Thomas

Bobbie McDonnell wrote:

> A question slightly off the path:
> Now that we have all moved so completely to the web that we never think
> about card catalogs anymore, what do we do with these huge pieces of
> furniture?  Does anyone have a source that buys them or knows how to
> convert them?  I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences.
>
>      Thanks, Bobbie McDonnell
>
> Internet Librarian
> Oliver Wendell Holmes Library
> Phillips Academy
> Andover, MA.  01810
> bmcdonnell at andover.edu
> 978-749-4238

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine