[WEB4LIB] Re: Databases: Access, Oracle, Sybase

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 7 13:06:14 EDT 2000

The Ashenfelter book devotes a chapter to ColdFusion.

Philip Greenspun on ColdFusion: "Nobody has anything bad to say about
Allaire's Cold Fusion but I can't see that it offers any capabilities beyond
what you get with Microsoft's ASP. History has not been kind to people who
compete against the Microsoft monopoly, particularly those whose products
aren't dramatically better."

You don't need Access running on the server with ColdFusion; you just need a
driver for Access mdb files that ColdFusion can connect to.

With ColdFusion you add code to your HTML pages, not to a separate file.

Chris Gray
University of Waterloo Library
"You can't communicate complexity, only an awareness of it." -Alan J. Perlis