WILSWorld 2000 Library Tech Conference

Tom Zillner tzillner at wils.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 5 15:02:24 EDT 2000

(Please excuse duplicate postings.)

Hi All,

I posted an announcement for WILSWorld 2000 about a month
ago, and we have been gratified by the response.  However,
a fair number of spaces still remain.  Also, to answer one
frequently-asked question: you need not be a member of
WILS to attend this conference for the $100 fee.  The
original announcement appears below:

I'm pleased to announce WILSWorld 2000, to be held in
Madison, Wisconsin on the UW-Madison campus July 24-25.
(See our Web page at http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/ww2k/)
A highlight of this year's conference will be our keynote
presentation by Roy Tennant, entitled "Libraries and
Librarians for the New Millennium".  In addition to his
keynote, Roy will present a session on Virtual Reference.

Another highlight in terms of nationally-known speakers is
Eric Lease Morgan, creator of MyLibrary.  Eric will present
two sessions at WILSWorld, discussing MyLibrary from both a
technical and philosophical viewpoint.

Jerilyn Veldof of the University of Minnesota Libraries
opens our second day with a plenary session entitled
"Building User-Centered Library Web Sites on a Shoestring".

I don't want to slight our Wisconsin speakers, all
outstanding contributors who will discuss such "hot"
topics as digitization, digital libraries, CORC,
Clio,NetLibrary and e-books, and
Identification/Authentication/Authorization.

At $100 for the entire conference, this is truly a bargain.
If you will be near Madison this summer, stop by.  At this
low cost and with our outstanding roster of speakers, it's
also worth a special trip.

Again, you can find all of the details at
http://www.wils.wisc.edu/events/ww2k/  If you have
questions or special needs feel free to contact me by
e-mail or telephone.  See you at WILSWorld 2000, truly a
topical paradise!

Cheers,
--
Tom Zillner                    Telephone:  608/262-0047 (Voice)
New Technologies Coordinator               608/262-6067 (FAX)
464 Memorial Library        Internet:  tzillner at wils.wisc.edu
728 State Street            Web:  http://www.wils.wisc.edu
Madison, Wisconsin  53706

"Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you."
"Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!"