Announcement: Seats Remain for 2 OCLC Institute Events

Lytle,Amy lytlea at oclc.org
Mon Jun 5 13:26:18 EDT 2000

Widely cross-posted, with apologies.  Please re-distribute as appropriate.
Thank you.]

Seats still remain for the following 2 OCLC Institute Events:

June 22-23, 2000  Philadelphia, PA
Continuity and Innovation in Resource Sharing, offered by PALINET and the
OCLC Institute
Mary Jackson, ARL and Sam Sayre, OCLC, lead participants through an
examination of current models and practices, relevant trends, and the
findings of the ARL ILL/DD Performance Measures Study provides the
background for theoretical and practical discussions.  Demonstrations of
various systems and tools provide an overview of technological applications.
A plenary exercise in critical analysis helps participants to focus on
current resource sharing models and their future.  Facilitated small-group
discussions and group reports take up trend analysis, action planning, and
consensus building for desired futures.

Details, including registration procedures, sample agenda and hotel
information, can be found at
http://www.oclc.org/institute/courses/continuity.htm

July 6, 2000  Chicago, IL  (ALA Annual)

Redefining Librarianship, Truffles Room, Hyatt Regency, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00
p.m.

We invite you to come and learn how the OCLC Institute can help you develop
yourself, your staff and your library to face the challenges of the emerging
knowledge management environment. Each of our guests will leave with the
foundation of a personal development plan and incentives to begin its
implementation. Come, be our guest, and look what you're doing now...with
OCLC!

Registration is required for this free event.  Details can be found at
http://www.oclc.org/institute/ala00_info.htm

We look forward to seeing you!  If you have any questions regarding the
above events, please feel free to contact Amy Lytle, OCLC Institute Event
Coordinator, at mailto:lytlea at oclc.org or (800) 848-5878 x 5212.