Note on our e-journals list

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Fri Jun 2 18:43:36 EDT 2000

Although my previous post was mostly about links to databases, I
mentioned that I maintain a list of the journal titles available through
our online databases,  Several people wrote me and mentioned that they
could not access it because it requires a library barcode.  I keep a
copy of this in an open directory as well, and if you want to have a
look, the same pages are available to everyone through:
http://web1.manhattan.edu/library/journals/jopen.html

The reason the links from our library's pages to the e-journals are
normally kept in a protected directory is because almost all of the
journals are in IP filtered databases.  The way I have it set up, they
can log in once, and then get to all the databases - plus, I don't have
to embed the proxy-server (actually URL rewriter) redirect into every
single journal URL, The files are large enough as is!

--
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries
spober at manhattan.edu