[WEB4LIB] Microsoft antitrust verdict released

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Thu Jun 8 06:47:49 EDT 2000

I am not especially anti Microsoft or really anti anything, but I am tired
of people who have the idea that "you will never get fired for buying
Microsoft."  It used to be IBM.  Oh, for a security blanket in a changing
world.  I rather liked an other email system better.  Word Perfect had good
points but was not getting better.

My library will be better off if I can have more choices in the future for
software.  It will be more work for me to select and more risk, but I get
paid to do that.  When bandwidth gets better, we may subscribe to
applications.  There may well be more competition in library management
systems.  I also get tired of thousand dollar a day trainers.

So, we may be better off after the decision.  But as in many things, we will
need to wait and watch.

Regards,

Gary

Gary E. Masters