[WEB4LIB] Re: Request for CGI program

Jeff Burns jeffb at eauclaire.lib.wi.us
Mon Jul 31 10:58:02 EDT 2000

Try this link instead.  The original link does not function properly.
http://www.ipoinc.com.hk/ipo2/eng/power.html

>>> "Jeff Burns" <jeffb at eauclaire.lib.wi.us> 07/31/00 08:10AM >>>
This is a more specific search engine that may be helpful?
http://www.ipoinc.com.hk/ipo2/eng/how-to-read-chinese.html

On third party engines, they usually allow you to configure specific parameters for your site including; search results parameters, pages indexed, auto indexing, etc.

>>> "Mr. Edward Spodick" <lbspodic at ust.hk> 07/30/00 04:36AM >>>
For hit statistics / log file analysis, Analog might be the best bet - it
comes packages with severa language templates, including GB and Big5
Chinese versions.  For searching, our University uses InfoSeek, which
works rather well for Chinse searching - but still is not phrase-based

Edward Spodick, Systems Libarian
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

Here is a more specific engine
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Avi Rappoport wrote:

> I have information a number of CGIs and other site search engines at
> the SearchTools site: <http://www.searchtools.com>.
>
> It's tricky to find engines that can handle double-byte Chinese
> characters though: most of them use single-byte ASCII. You can try
> Perlfect Search (a Perl script),  SSSearch for Windows, DocFather in
> Java, or the high-end search engines Ultraseek, AltaVista Search, and
> so on.
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Avi
>
> At 8:45 PM -0700 7/28/2000, Zhang Ying wrote:
> >??
> >Hi,
> >
> >Are somebody there who can kindly inform me where i can find live
> >plug-in CGI program for keyword-based Web site search and Webpage
> >hit statistics.
> >
> >Zhang Ying
> >Zhongshan Univ. Library
> >P.R.China
> ><mailto:puul04 at zsu.edu.cn>puul04 at zsu.edu.cn
> --
> Avi Rappoport, Search Tools Maven: <mailto:avirr at lanminds.com>
> Guide to Site, Intranet and Portal Search Engines: <http://www.searchtools.com>

Jeffrey A. Burns
Electronic Resources Facilitator
L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
400 Eau Claire Street
Eau Claire, WI  54701

Phone: 715.833.5312    Fax: 715.839.3822
Email: jeffb at eauclaire.lib.wi.us