[WEB4LIB] CD's - aren't they dead yet?

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Mon Jul 24 14:02:58 EDT 2000

My experience has been to go with web based products.  However, when I had
to, I put the data on a server hard drive and used it that way.  (After I
got legal rights to do so, of course.) Some work better than others.  Never
have used the products that are designed to aid this (as W3Launch) so I
don't know about them.   But I find this much easier than CD towers which
(for me) were an endless time of SCSI trouble shooting and server failures.
At night and on weekends I got this - "Gary, the CD server is down.  Can you
come over and reboot it?"

Good luck!

Gary

Gary E. Masters