IE5 and Proxy Server

Lyman Ross lross at zoo.uvm.edu
Mon Jul 24 11:41:26 EDT 2000

Has anyone had problems using IE5 with a proxy server?  We currently use
Apache's proxy module to provide off campus users access to many licensed
web resources.  However, we recently discovered that IE5 behaves
erratically when configured to use our automatic proxy script.  With the
proxy connection defined it begins to respond with a 403 Forbidden error
when accessing certain pages which are both world readable and outside of
the proxy configuration.  It also starts dropping images.  This appears to
be an IE bug as we have no such problems with Netscape.  However, we
haven't been able to confirm it and as such we'd be interested in knowing
whether or not others have had this same experience and of course any
potential solutions.

Thanks in advance.

 || Lyman Ross                         ||
 || Systems Librarian                  ||
 || Bailey/Howe Library                ||
 || University of Vermont              ||
 || Burlington, VT 05405               ||
 || email: - lross at zoo.uvm.edu         ||
 || phone: - (802)656-4508             ||
 || fax:   - (802)656-4038             ||