[WEB4LIB] Multiple Search Engines

Robert J. Tiess rjtiess at warwick.net
Fri Jul 21 09:28:25 EDT 2000

fergy1 at hotmail.com wrote:
> I am doing some research and am tired of switching between
> search engine and cutting and pasting information to a
> central location.  Any suggestions on a good multiple search
> engine site?

True to its "Type Once, Search Everywhere" motto,
Proteus Internet Search offers a great solution
for this:  http://www.thrall.org/proteus.html

Just enter your terms and select a search or
metasearch engine by clicking one of the buttons
below the input box.  A number of options and
along with links to search engine help pages and
other search services, popular sites, and web
guides in many subject areas.

The main Proteus entry point is at
http://rtiess.tripod.com/proteus/

For users without JavaScript support there is:
http://www.thrall.org/proteus-basic.html

Reference librarians worldwide have found Proteus
to offer effective ways to quickly conduct multiple
searches and metasearches.  There are many search
services in the Proteus line, which I constantly
update, so everyone is invited to try it our and
see if it helps optimize your research time and
resource gathering potential.

Robert

rjtiess at warwick.net
http://rtiess.tripod.com