[WEB4LIB] RE: Napster announces new company: AppleSoup

James Huesmann huesmanj at lindahall.org
Tue Jul 18 15:13:05 EDT 2000

*chuckle*  One reason I love librarianship - I learn something new each day!
Despite having learned a brand-new term today, I'm afraid this time it was
merely a simple typo.  According to Shannon Mollner, the PR person on the
Press Release (who also tried to send her response to the list):

"Indeed not intended in that manner. Thanks for the heads-up.  Can I ask in
what capacity your interest in AppleSoup stems from?

Regards,
Shannon Mollner"

Being a fan of puns myself, I am disappointed.  However, I'm not upset that
we will be missing some strange new virus that will pop up ads on our
screens or something.  Enough of that going around anyway - might be hard to
figure out if it was a virus or not!  (irony, sarcasm, etc. intended)

James Huesmann
(until August 15)
Technical and Automated Services Officer
Linda Hall Library of Science, Engineering & Technology
5109 Cherry St
Kansas City, MO 64110
(816) 926-8704	Fax: (816) 926-8790
huesmanj at lindahall.org