Alternate sources for LC record backfile

Karl Beiser beiser at saturn.caps.maine.edu
Tue Jul 11 12:41:06 EDT 2000

[Apologies for any cross-postings you may encounter]

Can anyone suggest any source other than Library of Congress for
purchase of a full backfile of LC MARC Books English data records?

We are seriously exploring the creation of an in-state, web-based
cataloging utility for smaller libraries, utilizing homegrown MARC-
based web database tools.  (If possible, we would like to pay less
than the $13,525 back file price.)

Please send responses directly to me.  I will summarize for the list
if responses warrant.

Thanks.

Karl

Karl Beiser