[WEB4LIB] Re: WRAP Attribute for Forms

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 11 09:19:28 EDT 2000

> > "WRAP is entirely NETSCAPE specific.
> >  MSIE on the otherhand forces wrapping all the time."
> So, then ( without reading all the links), would using the wrap just insure
> that Netscape did wrap?

I would say, cautiously, that since the current html clients are rather
fault tolerant (i.e. ignore tags they don't understand), that to put it in
would not hurt accessibility or functionality (if they can't see it and
use it you can't control that functionailty so you are left with the
default). It would, however, perhaps not validate perfectly which is not a
good thing, but currently is a necessary evil for small exceptions (do TRY
to conform to the XHTML specs though).

Also, though, I would recommend reading the links (earlier message), if
you are technically responsible for something you are obligated to TRY to
find the time to understand the philosophies, technicalities and
exceptions that go with managing and coding pages.

-Sam

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163