[WEB4LIB] All-in-one search page with a twist.

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Sun Jul 2 21:15:24 EDT 2000

Dang - first crash of the week - apparantly from this URL.  Windows 98, Netscape 4.7 and IE 5, computer hung with frozen pointer - ctrl-alt-del ineffective - hard boot required.  Time for coffee.  I'll try again later - maybe it is just because the machine has been running fine for a week and jumping here as the second URL after our holiday weekend just confused it...  :)

-Spode (Hong Kong)
 lbspodic at ust.hk

At 12:26 AM -0700 2/7/00, David Novak wrote:
>Just released a fine All-in-one search page with several unique elements. Please download it, keep it, pass it to a friend. The page works swiftly on your computer.
>
>Web4lib members are welcome to attributed use of any search elements on their own websites.
>
>The page include a single-form search engine launch script (which translates search syntax) and clickable image maps for international newspapers and search engines.
>

>The Spir is prepared by The Spire Project (produces a very large research website, The Information Research FAQ, free shareware and a newspaper column).
>
>The Spir can be retrieved from http://spireproject.com/spir.zip or by saving directly off the page at http://spireproject.com/spir.htm
>
>Half the task of research is reaching for good tools quickly. This will help.
>
>David Novak  david at spireproject.com
>The Spire Project
>SpireProject.com SpireProject.co.uk

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Systems Librarian - lbspodic at ust.hk
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
tel:  852-2358-6743     fax:  852-2358-1043