[WEB4LIB] Sanity and web page creation

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Jul 14 12:25:25 EDT 2000

(Please post to Web4Lib in plain text, not HTML.)

> Yesterday was the day I started doubting the possibility of
> creating a web page that works in both Netscape and Internet
> Explorer.

Let me gently suggest that the problem lies more in your expectations
than in the shortcomings of either browser.  The "make it bigger/make it
smaller" problem has an obvious solution: don't make it any size at all.

By the way, while you deserve kudos for using valid HTML, you probably
want to check some CSS issues here:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/csscheck.cgi

Setting font sizes in absolute units like points is a good guarantee of
getting complaints about text being too large or too small on different
monitors.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu