[WEB4LIB] Re: XHTML 1.0

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Jan 27 13:05:55 EST 2000

> Gee, what are the implications of this for all those articles and
> presentations that start "XML is better than HTML because..."? That
> always sounds to me like they're saying "fruit is better than oranges
> because...".

I think they're still valid since HTML and XHTML are (fairly) different.
More like "oranges are better than rotting oranges".

Now we'll just see a host of new presentations: "Why XHTML is better then
HTML", "Why XML is better then XHTML", Why XML is better then XHTML which is
better than HTML", "Why do standards give me a headache?"

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"