[WEB4LIB] CD emergency disk?

Michael Ming, Hung mmhung at hknet.com
Sun Jan 23 02:57:16 EST 2000

SURE it is possible and it can be done by yourselves or by some kind of
special software, if you need that please ask again, i may work out a guid
efor you

At 02:45 PM 2000/1/19 -0800, you wrote:
>I have been thinking about this for some time now, but have no firm
>conclusions.  Is it possible to write a CD with files from a computer that
>will allow one to boot from the CD and restore all of its operating system
>(Windows of one flavor or the other)?  Has anyone done it?  I know some
>computers come with an "emergency" CD, but we use Dell units and they
>don't.  We do have a CD write drive and Easy CD Creator 4.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gary Masters
>

>Gary E. Masters
>Automated Services Librarian
>(956) 326-2137 (office)
>(956)326-2399
>(fax)

michael hung   ICQ=6638008
SKH Bishop Mok Sau Tseng Secondary School, Librarian
HK Professional Teachers' Union, Teacher-librarians' Group, Chairman

Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8
Homepage = http://www.school.net.hk/~mmhung/
michael email: mmhung at school.net.hk [or] mmhung at hknet.com
ida email: idachan2 at hknet.com                          ida & michael Hung