Log analysis tools - tracking internal search keywords and result s

Allen Mullen amullen at tsl.state.tx.us
Mon Jan 24 17:02:01 EST 2000

Hi folks,

I've been researching web log analysis tools looking for an application that
will analyse and summarize search keywords used by users on new search
service I will be bringing online in a couple months.  I'm particularly
interested in tracking those hits with zero results so that this information
can be used to improve the records searched.  While a number of applications
will report on search terms used to find your site using search engines, the
only app that appears it may fit the bill for us is NetTracker.

Does anyone have experience using NetTracker for this purpose?  Other apps
to suggest?  I have experience using both WUsage and WebTrends and have
dabbled with other tools in the past but neither of these do what I am
seeking.  If it is helpful, the server is a Sun running Solaris 7.0 and
Apache (ver?) and my desktop is Win95.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

     Allen Mullen - Developer, Networked Services
     Texas State Library and Archives Commission
     Library Resource Sharing
     512/463-5534 (voice)         512/936-2306 (fax)
                     allen.mullen at tsl.state.tx.us
         Take the TRAIL to Texas state government information:
         http://link.tsl.state.tx.us/trail/