[WEB4LIB] Search Engine Ratings

Joy Schwarz schwarz at AXP.WINNEFOX.ORG
Wed Jan 19 18:13:27 EST 2000

Cynthia -

Science Magazine's Web site < http://www.sciencemag.org/ > has a search
function for back issues < http://www.sciencemag.org/search.shtml >, and the
first citation I found using the phrase "search engines" is for the article
"Search Engines Fall Short", _Science_, 1999 July 16; 285: 295b.  If this
isn't the article you're looking for, perhaps you'll have luck running a
search there to find an exact match.

Joy Schwarz                           |  Any sufficiently
Web Coordinator/I.L.L. Librarian      |  advanced technology
Winnefox Library System               |  is indistinguishable
Oshkosh, WI  USA                      |  from magic.
http://axp.winnefox.org               |      Clarke's Third Law
http://oshkoshonthewater.com                 Arthur C. Clarke