floppies (was RE: Mac resurgence)

Peter Jorgensen peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us
Wed Jan 19 10:49:38 EST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Dennis Moser wrote:

> WARNING: Slight drift of topic!

As is this ...

> (Aw, come on, be
> honest! When did you last actually USE a floppy?)

FWIW, I practically live on floppies.  Because on any given day I may be
doing my work on as many as five different PCs (at work -- plus another
one at home), I use floppies as electronic briefcases, keeping HTML files
I'm working on one disk, Word files on another, etc.  And if I need to
transfer a sizable file to my home computer, it's a LOT faster to do it via
floppy disk (assuming it will fit) than to put it on a server and
download it at home (at 56k).

Peter Jorgensen
Reference Department, Lincoln City Libraries
Lincoln, Nebraska
peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us