Librarians' Index to the Internet morphs to lii.org!

Carole Leita carole at leita.org
Mon Jan 10 16:13:52 EST 2000

If you've been there the past few days, you will have noticed that the
enhanced version of the Librarians' Index to the Internet - lii.org for
short - is now much faster.

We've done the obligatory graphic and design re-vamp (our new slogan is "by
librarians, for everyone!"), but possibly of more interest to librarians,
we've enhanced the search and display capabilities of the database. The
server and search engine run more efficiently AND faster; stemming is now
automatic; we've instituted see and see also references; you can sort your
results by subject; more than 20 results from a search triggers an option
to display all results, a search focus tip, and the search form at the top
of the page; and we will soon be unveiling an advanced search page.

We are still hosted on the Digital Library SunSITE at UC Berkeley, but the
magic of domain names and virtual hosting allows us to be "lii.org".

If you're connected with one of the more than 6,000 sites that link to the
LII you should change your links from
"http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/InternetIndex/" to "http://lii.org/".
The old site has an automatic redirect, but you'll save time by changing to
the direct URL.

Carole Leita, cleita at webjunction.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
http://lii.org/