Clarification of Taxation of E-mail

Brent J. Pliskow htwd at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 6 14:33:10 EST 2000

For some added clarification on one my statements...

In a conversation with my director, she mentioned that e-mail is actualy viable to be taxed since it is a form of communication (look at our phone bills).  I also remember reading some information about some government officials trying to get this passed.  I don't see this ever happening in my lifetime, but it is something interesting to think about.  How it would be enforced, I don't know.  Personally, I the government would be crazy to ever pass a law taxing e-mail.  If I'm not mistaken, isn't new technology, such as electronic mail, supposed to lower prices?  Just my two cents...

Brent J. Pliskow
Huntington Woods Public Library
Webmaster / Technology Assistant
Web Site: http://www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us