[WEB4LIB] display of fractions

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:28:35 EST 2000

See <URL:http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/charset/> and
<URL:http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/iso8859/iso8859-mac.html> for
details on the points at which the Mac OS and the ISO Latin 1 character
set part company, including character 189, which ISO uses for the 1/2
fractin.  I believe that Mac IE interposes some application-level
character remapping to comply with the standard, while Mac Netscape does
not.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu