[WEB4LIB] FP 2000: Publishing to UNIX may produce broken hyperlinks

Stefaan Renard stefaan.renard at vub.ac.be
Wed Jan 5 03:46:59 EST 2000

An answer from Jimco on microsoft.public.frontpage.client :

"You should not use mixed case in Web sites for this reason.

I have used the code in Q219192.  Either it or my add-in will do exactly the
same thing.  Can't get more user-friendly than that!

--
Jimco
Free FrontPage 2000 Add-ins

<stefaan9215 at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:84t08m$4g1$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> Because UNIX based servers are case sensitive it
> is important that Frontpage 2000 keeps the mixed
> case format of hyperlinks unchanged when managing
> and publishing your web. But Microsoft didn't
> integrate this essential tool in Frontpage 2000 :
> mixed cased becomes lower cased...!? Has anyone
> used the "solution" Microsoft is offering : a
> code at your own risk (see Article ID: Q219192
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q
> 219/1/92.asp). Is there another way (user-
> friendly) to deal with this issue apart from
> changing everything to lower case (with or
> without Case Changer)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stefaan

Because UNIX based servers are case sensitive it is important that Frontpage
2000 keeps the mixed case format of hyperlinks unchanged when managing and
publishing your web. But Microsoft didn't integrate this essential tool in
Frontpage 2000 : mixed cased becomes lower cased...) !? Has anyone used the
"solution" Microsoft is offering : a code at your own risk (see Article ID:
Q219192 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q219/1/92.asp). Is
there another way (user-friendly) to deal with this issue ?

Yours Sincerely,

Stefaan Renard
Stefaan Renard, CROCODIL-medewerker
(CROss-platform CO-operation for a DIgital Library)
VUB, Universiteitsbibliotheek
Pleinlaan 2, B-1050 Brussel (Belgium)
Gebouw B, lokaal 2 B 112 C
tel : +32- (0) 2-629.38.57 (direct) / +32- (0) 2-629.26.09
e-mail : stefaan.renard at vub.ac.be