[WEB4LIB] Predictions for the next...

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat Jan 1 12:46:19 EST 2000

Hi Andrew/

      Happy Millenium!

>>> "Andrew I. Mutch" <amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us> 12/31/99 07:10PM >>>
>Amid all of these Happy New Year greetings, I'm curious as >to what people think will be the trends for the use of the >Internet in the library setting.  Predictions for the next year >or few years will probably be most useful although if any >deep-thinkers want to go for 10, have at it! :)

>What trends, visions, services, etc. should we be aware of, >watching for, or leading the way to implement?

    Your question could not be more timely!
I am in the process of writing a chaper on the future of libraries for a book  that I expect that will be published later
this year. When I complete  the chapter, I'll certainly share some of my views on the subject with the Web4Lib list.

      Thanks again for the question.

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

    "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                             Alan Kay