[WEB4LIB] Disabling netscape preferences menu

rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca
Tue Jan 4 15:48:30 EST 2000

Hello Hagen,

Thanks, I'll look into this. For your information, the other suggestion
I've received is to rename the prefui32.dll file.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Hiebert
Librarian, Golden Secondary School
www.sd6.bc.ca/gss/library/
Fax: 250 344 7116
rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca

|--------+------------------------------------>
|        |          Hagen Amen                |
|        |          <hagena at nethost.multnomah.|
|        |          lib.or.us>                |
|        |                                    |
|        |          01/04/2000 10:09 AM       |
|        |          Please respond to Web4Lib |
|        |                                    |
|--------+------------------------------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Web4Lib <web4lib at webjunction.org>   |
  |       cc:     Robert Hiebert/SD6                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: [WEB4LIB] Disabling netscape    |
  |       preferences menu                                 |

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca wrote:

> Is there a way (preferably free) of disabling the "edit:prefrerences"
menu
> selection in Netscape (I have Communicator 4.7). I know that the
"prefs.js"
> file can be set to read-only (and other assorted tricks) but I would like
> to actually stop access to the preferences menu. Thanks. Happy New Year
> everyone.

Yep, just grab a copy of a resource editor (included in Visual C
environment, is there a free one?) and edit the 'menu' resource. I've
done as much here.

Hagen Amen          Network Analyst
Multnomah County Library   (x28426)