[WEB4LIB] Re: Tracking Links

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Feb 25 13:00:45 EST 2000

EB223> Have you tried "MindIt" from http://mindit.netmind.com?  I use it to
EB223> monitor over 250 links.  You can tell it to monitor just when a page
EB223> moves, just when it "dies," just when it changes or any combination of the
EB223> above.  You can also select how (at web site, by email, or both) you want
EB223> to be notified of changes, moves, and/or deaths, and how often.

EB223> It's a great *free* product; the most time-consuming part is typing in all
EB223> the urls.

There are a multitude of URL-checking programs...and I'm sure we all
have our own favorite.  But please get a real program, that checks
real webpages, and doesn't require you to type in anything.  I happen
to be fond of CyberSpyder, from www.cyberspyder.com, though there are
others.  I think it cost a whole thirty bucks.  It provides reports in
print, or as webpages (greatly preferred), and also checks your HTML,
though not as perfectly as some products designed for that purpose.
It will still clean up most of your goofs.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID  83716-7115  USA
dan at 84.com   www.84.com   www.postcard.org  208-383-0165