[WEB4LIB] IE Problem

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Feb 24 13:18:14 EST 2000

> I was making an online purchase and it rembered my Mastercard number and
> inserted it in different sites at a later date.  Even though I was very
> careful
> to clear the cache, history, and other locations of pertinent pages.
> I don't have to explain the problems with this now....

You need to turn off AutoComplete for forms.  Select Options from the Tools
menu, click the Content tab, then the AutoComplete button.  Uncheck the
Forms box.  You probably want to disable the "Usernames and passwords"
option there too.

IE asks about Form AutoComplete when it encounters the first form, then
never again.  In many cases is can be handy.  In others.... no so much.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"