computer policies and privacy

John Gresham jgresham at fontbonne.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:06:28 EST 2000

Web4libbers,
Does anyone have a good example of a campus computing/internet/email privacy
policy focused on protecting privacy of faculty and students? (Policies I've
seen seem to be more focused on giving the administration rights to
electronic information as needed -- with sort of open-ended definitions of
"as needed" -- without necessarily safeguarding privacy) I'm not paranoid
;-) just working on a committee assignment (though I did get kind of spooked
watching "Enemy of the State" on video the other day ....)
thanks,
John
John Gresham, MLS PhD
Library Director, Fontbonne College