[WEB4LIB] Google and other serachengines

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Tue Feb 22 12:06:38 EST 2000

At 09:09 AM 2/22/2000 -0800, Angelina Joseph wrote:
>I remember vaguely that a few weeks back I saw a message where
>there was html code for a form for Google's search box.
>Does anyone include it in their page?  Is it illegal to have that
>search box in your site?  I thought that Google was giving permission
>to others to use it.
>I would like to hear your opinion on this.
>Thanks

Oh, yeah, you can do this. I have one on my site with an overview of how
Google works:
http://www.researchbuzz.com/other/googlebuzz.html

You get the code from Google here. You have to register, but that's no big
deal.

http://services.google.com/cobrand/free_trial