[WEB4LIB] generating web sites from Access

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 17 17:01:31 EST 2000

If you are looking to use a database serving up semi-custom content for
delivery via the web I recommend using PHP3 with SQL with an Apache
Server.  Many sites are set up to do this such as slashdot.org etc.  There
is pretty good documentation on how to do this except it does require some
scripting knowledge, sys admin knowledge and a bit of db SQL knowledge.

good database design would indicate that a single record would have only a
single link.  Editing a pre-made page of links would be impossible to
edit/maintain/sustain.

To tweak your interest go look at PHPhoo.  I think its in the
Wired/Webmonkey site.

-Sam

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163