[WEB4LIB] Re: Choosing Web Editors

Valerie Lawrence lawrencv at OHSU.EDU
Thu Feb 17 14:35:13 EST 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Darryl Friesen wrote:

> All hail Pico!  King of Editors!  Well, it's easy at least.  And all the
> tags are there.  :)

Hee hee!

I guess I'm a die hard geek too, though I've never thought of myself that
way; but since the beginning (1997 for me), I've used only HotDog,
HomeSite, Pico and Notepad ;)  I like both HotDog and HomeSite a lot;
the point that was made earlier about the problems with support for an
overseas product (HotDog) is a good one & for that reason I might lean
more toward HomeSite if I had my druthers.  However -- I've just gotten a
copy of Dreamweaver (like yesterday!) and, whoa! Learning curve!  Is
anyone out there using DW, and if so, any advice (besides "RTFM" which I
am doing!) for someone who's finally (at least for some things!) gone over
to the Darkish Side? (Hey, at least it's not FrontPage!)  WYSIWYG is
*really* different from raw code...

Val

Valerie Lawrence, MLS, Assistant Librarian	<lawrencv at ohsu.edu>
Western States Chiropractic College
2900 NE 132nd Ave.			       Voice  (503)251-5756
Portland, OR  97230			       Fax    (503)251-5759
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
my employer.  Goodness knows why they hired me.