[WEB4LIB] Re: Choosing Web Editors

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Feb 17 12:04:57 EST 2000

>I'll put in another vote for a good old text editor.  It keeps you
>intimately familiar with what exactly your web site is serving up, it
>gives you a maximum degree of control over markup, and you don't have to
>wait for an upgrade to add support for a given element, non-HTML files
>like stylesheets or JavaScript source files, etc.

Not to mention proper placement.  There really ARE tags that only belong
inside the HEAD element!  Most editors don't seem to understand that, nor do
they produce anything resembling valid HTML (Microsoft's products being
among the worst I think).

> (Mostly by people who refuse to recognize the superiority of vi!)

Them's fightin' words!

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"