CSS font sizes

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Feb 17 08:11:41 EST 2000

I've been incorporating CSS into my personal and library web pages and have run into a
"problem" that you who use CSS extensively will hopefully assist me in solving.  I use
the following declaration to set the general font size for text on a page:

BODY, P, TD {font-family:verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size: x-small;}

In IE, the font size is acceptable for viewing.  However, in Netscape [4.x], the font
size falls into the "squinting" range.  Is there a way to ensure that the two browsers
generally display the font with relatively the same size?

You can see an example at:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/

View the page with IE and then with NN and you should see the difference.

Thanks for the assistance!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library