[WEB4LIB] curious web design

Hanan Cohen hanan at qglibrary.org.il
Wed Feb 16 02:24:21 EST 2000

I would like to "defend" the designer of this page.
He/She didn't want to have a long blue underlined text.
The design they chose is a product of a problem not solved completely,
and a problem that all Hypertext designers face every day.

If we decide that a link should take a form of an underlined blue text
of an image that looks like a link, we have several solutions.
1. Link one (or several) important words from the sentence.

2. Use a "text button" (a term used by Jorn Barger of robotwisdom).
Something like this <a href = important.html>[Link]</a>
See examples at http://www.robotwisdom.com/jorn/jazz.html

3. Use an image button that is obviously a link.

Good luck with good web design

--
Hanan Cohen

Kibbutz Tamuz - Beit Shemesh http://www.tamuz.org.il