[WEB4LIB] Re: Windows equivalent for the DOS command "dir > file.name"

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Feb 15 19:50:16 EST 2000

DD> There must be other utilities that fill in deficiencies of Windows
DD> Explorer, perhaps XTree Gold or one of the many free or shareware
DD> programs in TuCows, WinSite, Simtel archives, or other collections.

My favorite utility is an inexpensive piece of shareware from
www.funduc.com, Directory Toolkit.  It handles the printing, but my
main use of it is to synchronize directories.  I have a "traveling
disk" (a Zip disk) that goes back and forth from home to work every
morning and evening.  DT copies only the changed files, deletes the
deleted files, etc, so that home and work computers are always
synchronized.  There are a bunch of other useful things as well
besides the printing and the synchronizing.  Check it out.

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID  83716-7115  USA
dan at 84.com   www.84.com   www.postcard.org  208-383-0165