[WEB4LIB] curious web design

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Tue Feb 15 15:23:32 EST 2000

It doesn't appear obvious that these are links until your mouse happens
to go across the blue ball.  I've seen this done before but usually you
see a link border around the ball which helps indicate that it is a link
whereas they have the border explicitly set to zero.  Although they have
good tags for accessibility issues I think the page, at that point, is
rather lacking in accessibility especially for people with impaired
eyesight already.

Thomas

Andrew Mutch wrote:

> I was accessing ALA's resource page on Internet filters and noticed that they have
> a curious way of linking to the documents.  Instead of linking through the text,
> the link is through the "ball" graphic to the left of the document name which
> serves as a bullet.  Am I the only one who finds this a bit odd?  I don't think
> I've ever seen a link done this way.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.ala.org/alaorg/oif/filtersandfiltering.html
>
> Andrew Mutch
> Library Systems Technician
> Waterford Township Public Library
> Waterford, MI

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine