[WEB4LIB] RE: Preventing Printing

Peter Jorgensen peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us
Sat Feb 12 12:25:48 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Michael Sauers wrote:

> > And in a similar vein, I've noticed, albeit only rarely, that some pages
> > just won't let you print 'em via the Print button.
>
> NS3 had a bug that would report "no pages to print" which I have never
> experienced in 4.x.

I have seen this happen with 4.x.

As for not being allowed to print pages (print button greyed out, etc),
most of the time I see this happen it seems to be either because the page
never completely downloads - there's some component of it that the
browser is still trying to retrieve - or because there's a prior print
job (usually from a previous user on our public Internet computers) hung
up in the queue.

Peter Jorgensen
Reference Department, Lincoln City Libraries
Lincoln, Nebraska
peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us