[WEB4LIB] date last modified script? (fwd)

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:21:13 EST 2000

There are some known Y2k bugs in Netscapes implementation of JavaScript;
for a very good rundown on this see:
http://www.builder.com/Programming/Scripter/010699/?tag=st.cn.sr1.dir.

If you just want a Y2K-safe  date-last-modified script see:
http://www.quantum.net.au/fordie/mod.html

Although, if you can, I would use a server side include (SSI) to do this.
(See: http://www.apacheweek.com/features/ssi
also: http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs-1.5/tutorials/includes.html

eg. URL: http://www.libraries.whoever.edu<!--#echo var="DOCUMENT_URI" -->

-Sam

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163