[WEB4LIB] Re: Viewers for Word, Excel, etc.

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Mon Feb 7 20:27:36 EST 2000

At 7:37 AM -0800 7/2/00, Michael Sauers wrote:
>Excel, Word and PowerPoint all have free viewers. Go to
>http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/ select your program and then downloads.

Unless you happen to have a Macintosh, in which case they have a PowerPoint viewer, but no Word or Excel viewers.  At work I have Office.  At home, I do not, and I routinely toss Word and Excel attachments, rather than try to deal with them without a viewer.

-Edward Spodick, Systems Librarian

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Systems Librarian - lbspodic at ust.hk
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
tel:  852-2358-6743     fax:  852-2358-1043