onClick without creating a "button"

Anna Loan-Wilsey Anna_Wilsey at tamu-commerce.edu
Fri Feb 4 16:12:55 EST 2000

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to using scripts on my webpages and was wondering if
there is anyway of opening up a new window (such as using "onClick")
without creating a gray button.  I am working with a site that has a <A
HREF>tag with simple text in a table cell as the link.  We like the looks
of the table and do not want to add the all familiar gray button.  However,
we would like to be able to open a new window instead of simply linking to
a new page.  I have tried adding the "onClick" to the <A HREF>. This works,
but results in opening a new page AND a new window.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. I hope we aren't asking for the
impossible here.

Thanks,

Anna
Anna Loan-Wilsey