Which printer or how to use it?

Gary E. Masters gmasters at tamiu.edu
Thu Feb 3 10:52:41 EST 2000

We still have one dot matrix printer in cataloging for when we want to
print only one label.  For some treason we have trouble doing this on laser
printers. We can print one, but getting one again on the same sheet after
that is the trick.  We use the OCLC label printing program.
For several reasons our Epson LQ-750+ needs to be replaced.  If we get a
dot matrix, what should we get?  I have not looked at these for a while and
narrow and wide pin of the 24 and 9 variety confuse me more than they used
to.  What do you use?

Or, to save some money - is there an easy way to do one at a time on a
laser printer?  We have HP LaserJet 6P and 5P's.

What do you think is the best way to go?

Thanks,

Gary Masters

Gary E. Masters
Automated Services Librarian